Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hallie's First Easter









I created this layout of my granddaughter's first Easter using a sketch from Lisa Echerd's 2015 sketch book.  I love her sketch books because she gives photo and paper sizes and swaps and suggestions to alter the sketch.  She also includes a video link (if there is one for the sketch) to a video where she herself used the sketch.  I changed it up a bit and instead of hanging tags I added the adorable crocheted doilies I got from Ebay and I added the journalling on a tag at the bottom.  I added sequins because the jar of pastel sequins was on my table and I thought "why not".  The layered border strip at the top was in my stash for YEARS and I have no idea where it came from.  There were three on a strip and this one actually said happy spring and there was another that said happy Easter so I did a bit of surgery and swapped out the titles.  The pink card stock and the Easter papers have also been in my stash for a million years and I have no idea where they came from.  The yellow thickers are from The Paper Studio MozzaRella font.  The pink tile letters are October Afternoon Mini Market in Peppermint.

My little granddaughter smiles like this all the time.  She is such a happy baby.  I don't get to see her often since I live in Arkansas and she lives in Wisconsin but we skype so she doesn't forger me.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Adorable page! Love those crocheted flowers. Thanks for the link to the sketchbook. You know, I've never used sequins on a page. I really need to.

    ReplyDelete