Monday, January 25, 2016

Quick Birthday Cards


Quick birthday card. Got the inspiration (or totally stolen) from a video by Christina Griffiths on youtube https://youtu.be/IvV_bcIqzM8. I don't have a background stamp that I liked for this so I embossed it with an embossing folder from the paper studio, 'Blocks & angles' and then rubbed Tim Holtz Distress ink spiced marmalade over the raised parts. I stamped happy birthday wrapped black and white bakers twine and added three homemade enamel dots. Quick yet still cute.

The pink & yellow card I made with patterned paper and a button.  I accidentally cut the angle the wrong way but oh well.  Also, I don't have a picture but I made envelopes lined with the embossed and the patterned papers to match the cards.  Nice to have a batch of ready to go cards.

1 comment:

  1. Such pretty cards and improvising with stamps that you have is always going to save you money. You are more than welcome to use the ideas after that is why they are there. Thank you for the mention and I hope you will pop back and visit me again
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete