Wednesday, March 27, 2013

This is a layout with a picture of my daughter and the other teens in our church's Youth Group.  They call themselves the Firsties.  That is a combination of First (First United Methodist Church) and Besties (Best Friends).  Anyway, they all went to Ash Wednesday Service and took a picture showing off their ashes.  I wanted the paper to look like it had ashes on it so I splattered watered down black ink on it then dried it with my heat gun.  I like how it turned out.  Then I got the cross image with the ASH Wednesday on it from Google.  I did an outline of it in Silhouette Studio and then did a print and cut along with the palm branches, crown of thorns and gold cross.  I then created a shadow to the cross in Silhouette Studio out of the paper that I matted the photo on .  It looked like an ashy color.  The title "firsties" was cut with my Silhouette Cameo as well.  I did a print & cut of the yellow background with the same color as the cross and did a print & cut of the outline in the same green as the palm branches.  That way I didn't have to find card stock in the same colors. The font is Grilled Cheese ttf.  I printed the journaling including all the kids names.   After I took this picture I realized I had not put the date on it anywhere so I added a stamp in the bottom under the journaling with the date.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Lisa. You really did a good job of capturing both the seriousness of the service and the high spirits (in both meanings) of the kids. You make great use of your Cameo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy. Iam trying to capture as many of the "firsties" moments that I can so my daughter can take a book of memories with her to college to remind her you can have fun without losing your Christian faith.

      Delete